Friday, May 9, 2008

Temporary Insanity At 311 (This Door Is "Secure?")

Photo by John Hoff

Here is the door on an unattached garage I called in about, while I was driving around on Bryant, Dupont, Aldrich Avenues North and just all over...lighting up 311 like a Christmas tree, marking my footsteps in official boards and paper to follow, well, much later.

Much.

So I called in about this garage door, here, and I was told since it was closed and had a twig in the hasp, it was legally considered "secure."

"You're not kidding me, right?" I asked. "This isn't one of those 311 urban legends I hear about, now is it?"

The operator insisted a hasp with a twig in it was "secure." I decided to just assume the best instead of the worst. I happened to get the one 311 operator who happens to be battling with temporary insanity, heaven help the poor dear.

If this is indeed the city ordinance, it needs to be changed.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: