Wednesday, May 27, 2009

JNS BLOG EDITORIAL: Let Us All "Spiff Up" NoMi As Home Buyers Descend, Looking For Bargains...

Photo By John Hoff

In my previous post I mentioned helping one of my friends start to clear a "witchy thicket" at the edge of her property. You know, there aren't a lot of things George W. Bush and I agree with, but I'll give this much to the man:

He loves cutting down brush on his farm in Texas. And I love yard work just as much as George Bush. Yup, Bush and I could sit down and have a drink together over THAT. 

And then I'd inform him this country will still be recovering from his disastrous administration when my 11-year-old son is collecting Social Security, and if he'd kindly turn his back for a moment, I'd show him a new way to recycle a beverage bottle.

Anyhow...

The reason I'm going out of my way to mention this minor morning of yard work (besides the fact I don't want to waste a good picture of it) is because right now home buyers are descending on North Minneapolis, looking for bargains, gathering impressions of the neighborhood...

Knowing this, wouldn't it be a good time to trim a tree? Cut a lawn? Clear brush? Do a little painting?

If we all take just a few extra hours "spiffing up," it might make the difference between a nice family buying that vacant house in the middle of the block...or that house sitting empty another year, or some slumlord turning it into The Rental From Hell.

No comments: