Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vacant, Unsecured House Across From A Daycare Center




Like I said, I'm timing this one with a stop watch. I'm checking it DAILY to see how long it takes for this building to get secured after calling 311. Today when I went by, the front door was secured...by a single nail in one corner of the antique door.

There was a phone number from a property management company on the door. I called them. I mentioned the property being right across from a daycare center. I mentioned writing about the property on my blog. In every way I could, I tried to convince them to...

...make this property a priority and get it secured.

They made some promises. It was daylight as we spoke on the phone, but I'm worried those were promises made in the dark. So I'm going to just keep on top of this property.

Oh, look. PHONEBOOKS! Woo hoo.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who owns this property?

Anonymous said...

I heard from a neighbor that this place was re-boarded on the afternoon of Thursday, May 7. I went by it on the morning of Friday the 8th and it surely was boarded and secure. Why no follow up when the system works?

Johnny Northside said...

Yeah, I guess you didn't read my subsequent post talking about how quickly it was boarded up and how the system works.

I don't go back and change old posts. I write a new post. Of course, this commentary could also be considered an update.

In any case, we agree: the system worked with this house, and it worked QUICKLY. But, yes, I did write a new post saying that.