Saturday, March 6, 2010

Man Tries To Enter Alisha Neely Funeral With A Gun...



Video by Don Allen, blog post by John Hoff
ADDENDUM: February 6, 2011. This blog post was written before I and many others in North Minneapolis discovered what a disreputable con man character Don Allen is. I would advise anybody: Do not trust Don Allen. Seek further information about Don Allen from various online sources before having any contact with him.

Don Allen called me up and threatened litigation for the embedding of this video in this blog post. To which I respond, you put it on YouTube with an embed code. It is merely linked through the embed code. As of today, I am re-posting this blog post.

Don Allen of IBNN was at the Alisha Neely funeral, and captured this video of a guy packing a pistol who tried to enter the funeral, and got frisked...up against the very vehicle which was prepared to carry Neely's casket, by the looks of it. A disturbing and deeply symbolic moment. One commenter on this blog asked what 60 some kids were doing at a party after curfew anyway? This was a massive breakdown in parental supervision. Any neighbors who witnessed the party and DID NOT call 911 on all those minors out after curfew should also consider themselves morally culpable. (One person who claims to be a neighbor and commented on this blog says they didn't see or hear anything)

Since Don Allen's blog doesn't have the same kind of comments function as Johnny Northside Dot Com...and captures a different reader demographic...I wanted to share the amazing video here, with thanks to Don Allen for putting it on YouTube so quickly.

Yesterday, while I was taking a drive with Jeff Skrenes, good ol' Jeff talked about the possibility of going to the funeral. I told Jeff, "Are you kidding? That funeral is going to be full of thugs, and there have already been incidents around the memorializing of her death. You should stay away."

This is me telling Jeff "I told you so." But I kind of hope he went anyway, and maybe collected some pictures and commentary. One thing I have suggested needs to change in North Minneapolis: uncooperative witnesses are unacceptable, particularly those laying on the ground with bullet wounds, refusing to identify their attacker. Maybe the answer is to start hauling them in front of grand juries.

(Do not click "Read More")

3 comments:

Johnny Northside said...

Just received information that Jeff Skrenes did attend the funeral and plans to blog about it, though he did not witness the gun incident outside.

Does anybody have the name of the guy who was arrested?

Jeff Skrenes said...

A point of clarification before I get to my own blog post about this:

I attended the peace vigil/march, which ended at the church where the funeral was held. We arrived just as the funeral was ending, so I did not attend the funeral, per se.

Also, I was on the church steps when a scrum broke out and people started yelling, "Get him!" I saw the crowd kind of push this guy over to the police, and right after that, the pallbearers came out with the coffin. So I was watching that instead of this other incident.

I do have video of the scrum. If it shows anything worthwhile, I'll post it.

Jeff Skrenes said...

Actually, now that I watch this video, it looks like this happened after I left, and the shoving match I witnessed may have been a separate incident.