Monday, March 22, 2010

Proud Northsider Gives A Tour Of Her New House...


Video by mizfit8501, blog post by John Hoff


A young woman who grew up in North Minneapolis--with only a brief stint out in Robbinsdale around 1997--just bought a house in the Hawthorne Eco Village area. Given the condition of the market, I assume she got an incredible deal.

In this video posted on YouTube and recently drawn to my attention, the young woman gives a virtual video tour of her new digs, including some great furnishings and housewares left behind. I am working to find out how much she paid but I could not wait to post this video.

(Do Not Click "Read More")

5 comments:

M. Clinton said...

What a great house! Love the old house features - beveled plate glass mirror on the medicine cabinet, original glass door knobs, wood cutting boards, hardwood floors, fireplace, porch, etc. Too bad the fireplace is nonoperational. Still makes a beautiful focal point for the room however. And could always be made operational at a later point. I hope to meet these new residents some day!

Anonymous said...

that is an awesome video. thank you for posting it to the blog and thank you (to her) for sharing it w/ everyone to begin with. You can hear the optimism in her voice. Way to go! Enjoy the house and enjoy reclaiming and rebuilding a community. Thank you for taking the risk! And above all... Welcome!

Johnny Northside said...

The folks who believe in revitalization should do what they can to help this couple take root in the Eco Village.

Decent folks--you know who you are, and so do I--contact me or Jeff to get in touch with this wonderful new addition to our neighborhood.

la_vie_en_rose said...

I would love to take on an old house and fix it up. I helped my dad fix up an old Victorian he bought my senior year of high school (we even worked to preserve the carriage house). As much as I love technology, I have a thing for older architecture versus modern.

Jeanie Hoholik said...

She's a cutie! Good for her!