Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun with Blower Doors


Post by the Hawthorne Hawkman. Video by John Hoff.


Last week, John had his home energy visit from the Hawthorne Neighborhood Council and the Center for Energy and Environment joint project: Community Energy Solutions. $400 in products and consultations are given for a mere $20 co-pay. But Hawthorne will cover the co-pay for the first 150 owner-occupants who sign up.

I happen to think that "Tommy Boy," starring Chris Farley, is perhaps the best movie of all time. "Citizen Kane" comes in a close second, but hearing "Holy Schneikies!" puts a smile on my face more often than "Rosebud," so Orson Welles, you lose. In the video above, I'm re-enacting a scene that I have to do pretty much every time I'm in front of a fan. Only John isn't as culturally adept or as familiar with the finer arts as I am. So he spouted off a one-liner and turned off the camera before one of the CES consultants jumped in with the next line in the film: "Oh, I see I'm interrupting happy time."

(Do not click "Read More," but do look for a longer post about CES and the home energy visits. It's coming soon.)

1 comment:

Johnny Northside said...

OK, fine, let me help you out with that:

(Speaking in a "Spanky Pete" voice)

I SEE I'M INTERRUPTING HAPPY TIME.