Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Glass In Renovated "Five Points Building" Is Almost Too Glorious To Look Upon...

Contributed photo, xoxo, blog post by John Hoff

Constant progress is apparent almost daily at the former Delisi's Building at West Broadway, Penn Ave. N. and McNair Avenue, now known as the "Five Points Building." Recently--in a confident act of faith in the future of West Broadway--splendid new glass was installed.

In the photo above, I am expressing my spontaneous reaction to the beautiful sight of these new windows. Maybe part of my reaction comes from being forced to gaze too long at the "butt ugly butt glass situation" at Friedman's Shoe Store, click here, which I fully intend to keep publicly mentioning until there is improvement.

In summary: North Minneapolis real estate developer Stu Ackerberg. BE LIKE HIM!!!!

3 comments:

MeganG. said...

Here's an interesting article about the work Ackerburg and his non-profit Catalyst Community Partners is doing:

http://www.minnesotabusiness.com/fierce-urgency-north

Anonymous said...

LOOK!!! The glass is so clear you can see the ugly reflection of Keith Reitman's ugly ass building.. not THE ugly ass chocolate brown building, but one of his ugly ass buildings.

Maybe now that he is flanked by BLO and Five Points Building he will step up his game - doubt it - but it's wishful thinking.

Johnny Northside said...

Reitman? Step up his game? Which game would that be? Is it the same game that involved 1564 Hillside Ave. N., where he was the seller, and it turned out the buyer was a guy with a stolen identity?

I wouldn't rag on Keith so much about this--really--but I told him over and over that I'd be willing to give him some peace if I saw progress on the "ugly ass chocolate brown building." So far...just ugly. Just ass. Just chocolate. Just brown.

And what's Keith's defense? Oh, Johnny Northside, you're a bad father, you let your son play with BOTTLE ROCKETS.

And I answer WHY did I let my son play with bottle rockets? Because it's impossible to get a license for a rocket propelled grenade launcher.