Thursday, September 11, 2008

RNC 2008: Behold!!! A St. Paul Businessman Who MADE MONEY During RNC 2008!!! (Example Two)

Photo By John Hoff, September 1

Here is another example of a St. Paul business that miraculously MADE MONEY during RNC 2008. This little store...

...attracted many participants in the September 1 March, as soon as protesters figured out it was open and had--among the more desired items--batteries and bottled water.

The guy in front of me was shoving batteries into his camera right at the counter, and handed the battery packaging to the clerk, then his old batteries.

"Can you recycle these?" he asked, but not like it was a QUESTION. The clerk took the batteries as the guy walked out the door.

When it was my turn, I asked, "Do you actually RECYCLE the batteries?" The clerk said, "No, we just throw them in the trash." I held out my hand and said, "Give me the batteries. I actually recycle them." And he did.

I managed to put those batteries into a used battery collection bucket on campus, along with a bunch of my own battery casualties who gave their lives for the pictures you see on this blog.

And, yeah, I use rechargeable batteries. I used a handful of those. But I needed to have a bunch of spares with me--no time or opportunity to recharge--and single use batteries were cheaper. I must have gone through, like, two dozen of 'em. And I disposed of them all PROPERLY.

The funny thing is...the store RAN OUT of bottled water and didn't appear to have more stocked. They were also very passive about making money during the demonstration. Me, I would have been running outside saying, "Bottled water? TWO DOLLARS. RIGHT HERE! GET YER BOTTLED WATER!!!!"

No comments: