Thursday, September 11, 2008

RNC 2008: Behold!!! A St. Paul Businessman Who MADE MONEY During RNC 2008!!! (Example One)

Photo By John Hoff, September 1


During the big anti-war march on Labor Day, this guy was pushing around a cart with slightly-cool sodas swilling around in a plastic tub what used to be ice. He said "one dollar." But he was willing to take...

...ninety-three cents, which was what I had available in the little zippered pouch of my backpack which holds change. (I wasn't going to give up a wheat penny I noticed in the palm of my hand, and he was cool with that; he still handed me a way-less-than-room-temperature Pepsi)

Note the "New Orelans Saints" jersey. Feel free to speculate.

Supposedly, the convention was going to be a huge economic boon to the Twin Cities, but one hears reports of restaurants which were fenced off from crowds due to (overwhelming, intimidating, police state overkill) security precautions, and recently I read how the folks at the "Civic Fest" may get their fees back, because they made so little money. (Click for article)

As cities are tempted with the prospect of making "big bucks" for allowing a Republican National Convention in their town, I hope they will look at the face of this man and remember what a prosperous businessman looks like during such an event.

No comments: