Thursday, September 11, 2008

BREAKING NORTH MINNEAPOLIS NEWS: Fines Resulted From The Dime We Dropped On A Slumlord (REVISED)


MLS Photo, "Fair Comment And Criticism," (Above) Photo By John Hoff, (Below).

Word comes from Peter Teachout, who had a conversation with somebody in authority at the police department in regard to 3001 6th Street North...

Regular readers will recall this blog post, about the "we don't need no stinking building permit" situation, and how city building inspectors responded to calls made by both me and Peter...though it was my little innovation to hail an inspectors down in the street, who took photographs of the illegal activity even though this wasn't his regular area of duties.

After I finish my obsessively complete blogging about RNC 2008--oh, and trust me, I will--one of the things I was going to write about was the fine which apparently resulted from the dime I dropped on 3001 6th St. N. How much was the fine? Twice the permit fee, that's the word from Peter.

Also, knowing they were under CLOSE NEIGHBORHOOD SCRUTINY with 3001 6th St. N., they decided to actually pull a building permit before tearing down the garage building to install some extra parking spaces for their future tenants. But in order to pull that permit, they had to pay a backlog of fines. Not sure how much. Rumor was "a lot."

Oh, and here's the kicker: I just found out from a real estate agent 3001 6th St. N. is still listed as a "PENDING" sale on the MLS!!!

P.S. Another archaic expression, to "drop a dime" on somebody. Will this expression one day go the way of "yeoman's duty?"

No comments: