Saturday, September 6, 2008

RNC 2008: Plenty Of Coffins Will Require Plenty Of Flags And They Should Be Folded Properly


Photo by John Hoff, September 1

Of course we've all seen American flags folded neatly into star-spangled triangles, but I'd never seen a whole PILE of them, before. These flags were on the Capitol steps during the September 1 anti-war rally and march. There was something disturbing to me about all those neatly-folded flags, all exactly the same.

Kinda reminds me of a Pink Floyd song, click here for the music video on YouTube.

And kind old King George
Sent Mother a note
When he heard that father was gone.
It was, I recall,
In the form of a scroll,
With gold leaf and all.
And I found it one day
In a drawer of old photographs, hidden away.
And my eyes still grow damp to remember
His Majesty signed
With his own rubber stamp.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: