Monday, September 8, 2008

RNC 2008: "Thank You For Finding Me. I Would Like My Press Pass Back."

Video Still By 612 Authentic From Video By John Hoff, September 4

In a previous post, I wrote about how I looked for "artifacts" of the "March Into A Meat Grinder" and one of the things I found was a woman's press pass...

...but I didn't know how Nancy Lazaryan lost the object; whether its presence at that location implied as much as I thought, or whether it was randomly, accidentally dropped in the course of normal activities surrounding the convention.

Well, here is what the owner of the press pass, Nancy Lazaryan, told me today in an email:

I was a member of the media that was brutally attacked by the police in St. Paul. My camera person and I were shot at AFTER I announced that I was the press and not a protester. Then tear gas canisters were thrown at me and the shrapnel injured my leg. Then I was ordered into a rearing horse. When I refused and went around the horse I was full body maced.

For hours, I sat on the cold concrete of the bridge they corralled us on, as temperatures dipped below 50 and I was soaked with Mace.

Thank you for finding me. I would like my press pass back.

(The image above shows part of the incident where Lazaryan was "corralled" and arrested, which I blogged about at length in this post) Click here.

I am hoping to mail the press pass back to Nancy Lazaryan in the near future, just as soon as I have her mailing address.

In the meantime, I spent most of the morning with my real estate agent, Juley Viger, looking for my next house...and most of the evening with Jake and Gabe of 612 Authentic, dealing with all the video I shot at RNC 2008. I'm hoping to have that video on YouTube and create links to it from here in the very near future.

1 comment:

Johnny Northside! said...

The press pass in question is now in the hands of the Minnesota Historical Society.

Along with my broken camera.